Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5 Tips For Spring Cleaning




1. Purchase products that you LOVE! Sure, the $2 multisurface cleaner from the grocery store works great during the rest of the year, but spring cleaning is different! Sometimes its hard to get motivated. Head to Target and buy a fancy cleaner, a pretty sponge, new "designer" gloves, and a new scented candle. Spring cleaning doesn't have to be a daunting, dirty task- make it luxurious and fun! Some of my favorite products include Mrs. Meyer'sSkoy ScrubbiesGloveables Cleaning Gloves, and Yankee Candle.

2. Use a timer. I can't tell you how many times I'd be simply tossing expired food from the fridge, notice a little stain, then next thing I know its 4 hours later and I'm scrubbing cracks and crevices. Using a timer helps immensely! If I know that I only have 20 minutes to complete a task, I'm a lot less likely to get distracted by other things!

3. Dance! Put on some upbeat music and shake it!  Music instantly puts me in a better mood, and I feel like I get things done faster when there's a little booty-shaking involved =) If I'm going for a very time consuming task, I usually use Pandora (my favorite station is Carrie Underwood- I never get any repeats!). If its something that will take less than 30 minutes, I usually use one of my YouTube playlists. I love that I can pick my very favorite songs, then just put it on shuffle!

4. Focus on one task at a time. It may seem very appealing to have your entire house done in one day, but guess what happens? By hour 7 you're burnt out and you now have piles of junk everywhere. Trust me, I've been there! Pick one task and complete it from start to finish- if you're cleaning out your closet, bag up those extra clothes and put them in your car for donation immediately, don't leave piles on the bed or bags in the hallway, they'll stay there for ages (again, been there, done that LOL).

5. Host a party. This tip may seem a little odd, but I swear I get more accomplished the week of a party than I do in an entire month! Knowing that people will be coming to your house is even more motivation to get things done! Now that summer is approaching, you don't even need to have an excuse for a party. A BBQ is ALWAYS appropriate for the summer!

Happy spring cleaning!!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!! I love to hear what you have to say, just keep in mind that this is a family friendly blog! =)