Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

2012 Holiday Gift Guide: Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar Review



Earlier this week my daughter and I got the chance review the new Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar DVD. I was really excited because I was a huge Barbie fan growing up, and now my daughter has been showing interest in Barbies. This movie QUICKLY became a hit! I absolutely loved it! The story line was adorable, both Tori and Keira have amazing lives, but are envious of each other. The girls each have a bit of magic, in the form of Tori's hairbrush and Keira's microphone, which allow them to change their appearance- thus ultimately switching places! I have to say that one of the funniest scenes is when Princess Tori used her hairbrush to give the Duchess all kinds of crazy hairstyles, like a mohawk.

I expected cute kid music, but I was singing right along the entire time! They used songs that all us moms know, and just changed them to make them appropriate for the movie. Its definitely a movie that mothers and daughters can watch together, and both enjoy! Even my husband sat down to watch it with us and was singing! My daughter absolutely fell in love with Keira's character. So much, that we went out and bought the costume- which she has been wearing everyday while watching this movie. Singing and dancing along will not get old to her! Here is Alexa in pretending to be Keira:







If you are looking for a feel- good movie for your daughter, this is definitely it! It teaches great lessons in friendship, honesty, and teamwork. You can find Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar HERE!

13 comments:

  1. Your daughter is adorable! I will keep this movie in mind as a gift for my niece for Christmas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Pam. Your daughter is sweet. We never watch any barbie movie because we have two boys :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter would love this! Going to check it out now! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great movie for a little princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This movie looks great! My daughter loves Barbie right now and this is on her Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely make for a great Christmas gift! They have playsets to go with it too, I'm thinking about getting one for her birthday coming up! Your daughter will love it! =)

      Delete
    2. Oh wow! I'm going to have to hunt down the playset :) There are going to be quite a few Barbie items under our tree this year.

      Delete
  6. I loved barbie as well as my daughter did, she is now 14 yrs old and does not play with them anymore.. I wish she did, it gave me an excuse to play with them too..LOl

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is 11 and asked for this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too cute..my niece would love this. Your daughter is adorable btw...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're daughter seems so excited and happy and is oh-so cute! I remember my Barbie days and it's nice to see that the love for Barbie hasn't died out... Great times girls, looked like it was fun and great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, your daughter's so cute! I know my girls are going to love this movie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!! I love to hear what you have to say, just keep in mind that this is a family friendly blog! =)