Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Young Champions Of America: Cheer Program- Uniform Time!

*If you missed my first post about our experience with Young Champions Of America, be sure to catch it HERE!!!*


We're a couple months into our Young Champions Of America cheerleading experience, and things have been moving full steam ahead! The girls are learning new cheers and dance routines, and getting a routine set for their competition in June.

So far my daughter has been doing quite well. A lot better than I expected for a 4 year old with no previous experience! I attribute a lot of her success to the coaches, I seriously cannot say enough about how fantastic they are with the young children. Its almost as if they were made for this position, its not often you find coaches this great! These past couple weeks my daughter has been struggling a bit with participation. To be fair, a sickness and death in the family occurred, so her schedule was pretty shaken up. I decided that the best thing to do in these situations is to take her anyway, even if she isn't participating- she's actually still learning and taking everything in, as soon as we came home she was able to do every single move they learned that day, even though she didn't actually do much at practice! She's only 4, so I expect a few hiccups along the way. The head coach is great with dealing with different issues with the girls, and as you can expect with a large group of 4 & 5 year olds, things always come up! They are so gentle and reassuring, it really makes me feel confident in leaving my daughter with them. I'm also really starting to see Alexa blossom into a little social butterfly. So far, most of her social interaction is between family members or friends that we've known her whole life, its amazing to watch her become comfortable with making friends with girls that she has never met before- hopefully some of them will be going to kindergarten together!

On another note, uniforms have started coming in! There are a few pieces that we're still waiting on, including her bodysuit, so that is not included in the picture below. I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of the uniforms- much nicer than what we had 15 years ago! Here is a sneak-peek at Alexa's uniform, I can't wait until the rest of the pieces come in to share with you! 


Over the next few weeks I'm hoping to capture a good video of the girls practicing one of their routines- it is seriously one of the cutest things that I have ever seen! We're super excited to keep preparing for our first competition!

Young Champions Of America offers classes in several convenient locations around Western Pennylvania, more information can be found HERE. And if you're not in PA, don't worry, they are a national program, so head here to find a class near you! Remember, this is NOT a high-pressure program. They are very low commitment (there are no requirements to compete), perfect for girls just starting out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!! I love to hear what you have to say, just keep in mind that this is a family friendly blog! =)